You will be assigned one of these 3 questions. Then, you’ll need to address the question on 3 levels — see below. You’ll need an example from all 3 levels. You may use information you find online, videos, images, etc. – be creative in addressing your prompt.
1. Malala has said, “Let us pick up our book and our pens. They are our most powerful weapon.”
What do you think of this statement? Do you think education is a weapon?
2. Why does the Taliban and groups like it want to prevent girls from being educated? Why do
you think these groups feel threatened by the education of women?
3. How important is it that every child have an opportunity to be educated? What do you think it
means to be educated?
Levels of addressing the question:
1. Answer the question while providing an example from the book.
2. Answer the question while providing an example from current events or history.
3. Answer the question while providing an example from a book, movie, or your personal life.